Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Review #4: Ace Apple Hard Cider

TGIF, everybody! It's been a very long week, and I'm glad to present you all with a new review.

Today's brew of choice is Ace Hard Apple Cider, from the California Cider Company. This is my first time trying this particular cider. It is made in California from fermented apple juice and has a 5% ABV.

I poured the cider into a conical pint glass. The cider is clear, and a very pale yellow color, with no head. It is lightly carbonated with a wine-like smell.

The flavor is a sweet, crisp, light apple-y flavor. Yes, that sounds like I'm stating the obvious. Ace tastes like fresh apples. This cider is simple, and simply presented.

While the flavor is good, the mouthfeel of this one was very syrupy. About 3/4 the way into the cider, the sweetness became overbearing. I'm really not sure how this cider does that at only 8g of sugar per bottle, which is less than most other ciders I've had. The syrupy sweetness of this cider places this one firmly in the "pass next time" category for me.

I'm excited to present some more gluten-free reviews for you guys next week, and will be making a trip to the bottle shop to pick up the next round of brews tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment