Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Review #7: Original Sin Pear Cider

This cider was a celebratory drink, because I graduated! I'm done with all my undergrad assignments and am awaiting my diploma in the mail. Now it's time to join the real world. :P


Original Sin Pear Cider is made in New York, and has 4.5% ABV. It is a traditional dry cider that is fermented from pear juice with no added sugar. I poured it into my usual conical pint glass.

Appearance: The cider pours a translucent, crystal clear pale yellow with lots of bubbles. It pours like champagne - very fizzy, then quickly mellows down to a tiny ring of foam around the edge of the glass.
Smell: There is a slight pear and honey aroma.
Taste: The taste is tart and slightly astringent at the start, but finishes sweet with a light pear flavor.
Mouthfeel: Original Sin Pear is highly carbonated with an average body. It is smooth and very crisp.

Overall: The smell and mouthfeel remind me a lot of drinking the house champagne at my favorite French bar during happy hour. I would be as happy as anything to drink this cider paired with a snack plate of fancy olives and prosciutto. I just need someone to get me some fancy olives and prosciutto first. Other pear ciders I have tried in the past have been much too sweet for my tastes. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this cider. Original Sin Pear was a tasty cider that I would definitely buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment